Md. Golam Jilani Helal
Md. Golam Jilani Helal
Name: Md. Golam Jilani Helal
Date of Birth: 1st June 1991
Present Address: Department of Agroforestry and Environmental Science
Faculty of Agriculture
Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University
Field of Specialization: Agroforestry, Environmental Science, Forestry, Ecosystem Carbon Stock, Biodiversity, Climate change, Urban Forestry, Forestry and Nature Management.
Current position: Assistant Professor, Department of Agroforestry and Environmental
Science, Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- University Faculty Member and Researcher with 3.7 years of teaching and research experience in the fields of Agroforestry and Environmental Science including Forest,Forest management and conservation.
- More than 2 research publications in National and International Scientific Journals.
- Experience of conduction different research project funded by National donors.
- Member of many professional societies.
2015, Graduation: Master of Science in Agroforestry and Environmental Science at Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Social Forestry, Urban Forestry, Climate Change & adaptation,Biodiversity Conservation, Environment and Conservation, Agroforesty system, Agroforestry Species Production Technology, Component Interaction in Agroforestry, Agroforestry Research Methodology, Economics of Agroforestry.
THESIS TITLE: “ROLE OF ROADSIDE PLANTATION ON CLIMATE CHANGE MITIGATION THROUGH CARBON SEQUESTRATION OF DHAKA NORTHERN CITY”
2013, Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (Hon’s) from Sher-e-Bangla
Agricultural University, Dhaka, Bangladesh. (Exam. held in 2012).
Agro forestry and Environmental Science, Horticulture, Entomology,Agricultural Botany, Soil Science, Agricultural Extension and Information System, Agricultural Chemistry, Biochemistry, Agronomy, Biotechnology, Genetics and Plant Breeding, Agricultural Economics, Animal Husbandry, Plant Pathology, Rural Sociology, Farm Mechanics, Agricultural Statistics and Sustainable Agriculture.
2008, Higher Secondary: H.S.C. (Science group) under the Board of Intermediate and
Secondary Education, Comilla, Bangladesh.
Results: A+; CGPA 5.00 in a scale of 5.0
Course Studied: Bengali, English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
2006, Secondary: S.S.C. (Science group) under the Board of Secondary Education, Comilla, Bangladesh.
Results: A+, CGPA 5.00 in a scale of 5.0
Course Studied: Bengali, English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Social
Science, Religion and Higher Mathematics.
Lecturer: Department of Agroforestry and Environmental Science, Sher-e-Bangla
Agricultural University, Dhaka-1207, Bangladesh.
(October2014 to January 2017).
Assistant Professor: Department of Agroforestry and Environmental Science,
(Since February 2017 to till date).
List of Publication:
Helal, M. G. J., Jaman, M. S., Islam, M. M., Islam, M.T. and Islam, F. (2015). Environmental inceptions of water management Organizations of Mymensingh district.Bangladesh. J. Environ. Sci. 29: 157-162.
Jaman, M. S., Hossain, M. F., Islam, M.S., Helal, M. G. J., Jamil, M and Rahman, M.M. (2016). Quantification of Carbon Stock and Tree Diversity of Homegardens in Rangpur District, Bangladesh. Int. J. Agric. For. 6(5): 169-180.
Haque, M. F., Miah, M. J., Akter, H., Helal, M. G. J and Islam, F. (2015). Study on Water management approaches and Agricultural prospects in Faridpur district of Bangladesh. J. Environ. Sci. 29: 89-96.
- Worked as a project director Funded by ministry of Science and Technology (R&D-2015), Agro-Economic Performance of Mango Based Agroforstry System in ShibgonjUpazilla under ChapaiNawabgonj District.
- Worked as a Research Assistant in the project entitled "performance of summer vegetables under reduced light conditions for agroforestry systems’’
COMPUTER AND IT SKILLS:
- Operating System: DOS, Windows 2000/XP/Vista/ Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows8.1/Windows10.
- Application Packages: Microsoft Office Productivity Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access,MS Power Point)
- Statistical Analysis (MSTATC, SPSS).
- Internet Essentials: Internet Explorer, Opera, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox
- Typing Skill: Reasonable typing speed
- Hardware Skill: Able to diagnosis and troubleshoot common hardware abnormalities
- Member of Krishibid Institution of Bangladesh (KIB).
- Member of BangabandhuKrishibidParishad (BKP).
- Bangladesh Society of Environmental Science.
I have completed four years B. Sc. Ag. (Hons.) and two years MS in Agroforestry and
Environmental Science from the university where English is an official language and the study have been instructed and examined in English. Now, I am Assistant Professor in Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University and the medium of instruction is English.
Visited India and Nepal as part of SARRC study tour under the sponsorship of Sher-e-Bangla AgriculturalUniversity, Dhaka, Bangladesh in March 2014.